Thursday, January 19, 2006

Danger in the Mountains!

I had another early mark from school, so I decided to go up Takahara-san's flanks for photos ... maybe Wildlife or a Tribute shot in the making. This one is of a kamakura snow dome at the People's Forest Information Centre. You may not be able to see him too well because he's camouflaged, but there's a guy there carrying a camera on a tripod. He had been taking photos of some robins in a tree.

From the Centre, I went further up the mountain past the snow line: fortunately the road was ploughed of snow. I reached a point where I decided to turn back, so I turned my car around and parked it to take some photos of the trees in the snow. When I got back in the car, it wouldn't start! Too cold, I guess.

Luckily, it was facing downhill, so I rolled it and it wasn't long before I got the engine running again. When I stopped one more time to take photos, I kept the engine ticking over.

No comments: